Monday, April 30, 2012

Go, Tim!

Our own Tim Bruster, Senior Pastor of FUMC Fort Worth, has been nominated by the Council of Bishops for the Judicial Council of the UMC.  This is a very big honor, and our entire delegation strongly supports Tim's election.

We're going to vote on these nominations soon. There are nine clergy on the ballot, and we will choose two.

However, before we can do this, we have to be sure that we all understand how to use the voting machine. This is not going well. We are on Round Three of voting for our Favorite Apostle. I like Thomas and Simon. I hope they win!

***

Oops! On Round Five of testing the voting machines, I am required to vote for Peter. I feel coerced.

***

Peter wins! We can get on with real voting.

***

We have an election! Two Lay Members are chosen: Oswald Tweh and Beth Capen.

***

Setback - Alternate Lay Delegate vote in question. Much math confusion....

***

J Kabamba Kiboko and Dennis L. Blackwell are voted in as Clergy Members. This is disappointing to me, because I wasn't voting for them, and I don't know anything about them. Ah, well. On to alternate clergy members....

***


Yay! Tim Bruster receives 94% of the votes as first alternate clergy member for Judicial Council!





No comments:

Post a Comment